Saturday, February 2, 2008

Nothing more important than playing for Pakistan:SHOaiB AKHTAR


Karachi :Pakistan`s fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar's sudden appearance in the national team's practice session at the Gaddafi stadium in Lahore.Shoaib has remained out of public view since returning home from India and even the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) officials said the pacer had not tried to contact them even after being dropped from the central contracts list and the home series against Zimbabwe.Despite being ignored for the home one-day series against Zimbabwe on fitness grounds and dropped from the central contracts list, express bowler Shoaib Akhtar declared nothing was more important to him than playing for his country."I have no problems if they don't give me a contract. I don't need one to play for Pakistan. Playing for my country is a far bigger honour than anything else and I don't just play for money," he told reporters. Shoaib has finally came out of his self-imposed hibernation and showed up for a training session at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore.

Shoaib categorically denied signing a contract to act in any Indian film and insisted playing for Pakistan was his biggest goal and honour."When I have not signed anything why are they making a big issue of it. Someone spoke to me and that is all. As an individual I can consider many things but cricket remains my top priority," he said.

No comments: